Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Patron Code of Conduct
PATRON CODE OF CONDUCT
Forefront is a special library that also services the public. Library patrons shall be engaged in normal activities associated with the use of a public library while at Forefront. In keeping with the Library's commitment to customer service and the provision of a safe and inviting atmosphere that is conducive for research, guidelines have been developed to define those activities that are prohibited. Disruptive behavior on the part of a Library patron may result in the suspension or limited use of an individual's Library privileges.
- Respect the personal space of other patrons, and network in a respectful manner. See our non-solicitation policy for networking guidelines.
- Set cell phones and other devices to silent mode. Make brief, quiet calls in the hallway.
- Make sure no one else can hear your music or other sounds from a device, with or without headphones.
- Eat only in areas designated by Library staff and use securely covered containers for beverages, except where signs prohibit drinks.
- Use computing resources in a manner consistent with the research goals of the Library and in compliance with and state and federal laws.
- Keep your personal belongings in your possession at all times.
- Respond to emergency alarms and other situations as instructed by Library staff.
- Report to Library staff any criminal behavior you observe.
- Engage in loud conversation or laughter that is disturbing to others.
- Use obscene or abusive language.
- Engage in hostile behavior, including but not limited to fighting, threatening, intimidating, or abusing Library staff or patrons.
- Bring any animal other than a service animal into the Library.
- Smoke or use any tobacco product or e-cigarettes in the Library.
- Consume alcoholic beverages.
- Move, repair, reconfigure, modify, or attach external devices other than storage devices to any Library computer.
- Bring firearms in to the Library.
- Leave children in the Library who are not properly supervised by an adult patron.
- Solicit funds or business in the Library.