Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Get help from the Librarians!
B Corp Anthem - B The Change
Benefit Corporations and B Corps briefly defined
A Benefit corporation "is effective in over half the country and numerous states are working on it." Benefit corporations:
- "have an expanded purpose beyond maximizing share value to explicitly include general and specific public benefit"
- are required to consider the impact of their decisions not only on shareholders but also on workers, community, and the environment; and
- are required to make available to the public an annual benefit report that assesses their overall social and environmental performance against a third party standard.
A Certified B Corporation is a certification conferred by the nonprofit B Lab.
- "Each Certified B Corporation has achieved a verified minimum score on the B Impact Assessment (80 points out 200 needed).
- Benefit corporations do NOT need to be certified."
Source: Benefit Corp Information Center